CoDI ADOPT A MUSIC CREATOR 2020/21
Tŷ Cerdd is delighted to announce that it will join forces with Making Music and Sound and Music in 2020/21 to deliver Adopt a Music Creator (previously known as ‘Adopt a Composer’). Ty Cerdd will be responsible for the scheme in Wales and will promote it as part of its CoDI Buddies pathway.
The project pairs leisure-time choirs, bands, orchestras and ensembles with a music creator for up to a year leading up to a premiere, a recording and a possible radio broadcast.
CoDI Buddies/Adopt a Music Creator is a creative journey that lasts up to a year. The music creator will have the opportunity to get to know a performing group and write a piece especially for them to premiere, while the group will have the chance to contribute to the creation of a new work. The pairing will be assigned a mentor to support and guide the music creator and group, and help the creative process run smoothly.
What do leisure-time groups gain?
A new piece of music tailored to the strengths and personality of the group
A working relationship with a skilled and committed music creator
An exciting new experience and musical development for the group
A development day for the musical director of the group to attend
The opportunity to be recorded for a possible radio broadcast
An understanding of the collaborative process of creating new music and the knowledge and confidence to do it again independently
The process (guide only)
• September: pairings announced at launch event (London)- meet your music creator!
• October - December: your group hosts a workshop introducing the music creator to your members
• January: you and your music creator workshop/rehearse the piece in progress
• January: MD attends our Group Development Day to meet other participating groups and share ideas and learnings
• February - April: rehearsing of the draft piece
• May - December: premiere concert (usually recorded for a possible broadcast on BBC Radio 3)
Further information about Buddies and all of the other CoDI 2020/21 schemes will be published in April 2020.