Moving on from the first session I knew I wanted to try something new, and felt comfortable doing this in the safe experimental environment of these workshops. However, this time it didn’t quite work. I tried working on a time - space notation score, something I’ve never tried before. I was excited by the concept of trying this, however it was an uphill battle. The was I had written my score and parts wasn’t as clear as they should have been. Since the workshop, I have tried to make the material work in a different way, using more traditional notation… to realise it still wasn’t giving me the effect I wanted. Also the strong realisation that I compose better being in complete control of my material. So I brought back the material from the first session and my original materials and effectively started again. Time space notation hasn’t defeated me, but I’m already 100% happier with this new draft!